• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Took the CPC exam, but don't know if I passed yet.

dljones2we

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
It was hard, as I expected. I had no problem with time management since I practiced the timed tests, and the time flew by. However, I still had some weak areas that I wished I'd had more time to work on before testing. In addition, there were some questions on there that I didn't expect, and I didn't know how to find the answers so had to guess. I think the AAPC Study Guide may help me to find those answers should I need to take the exam again. I am the type of person who is not happy just passing; I want to know everything before I test.

Having said all that, the Blitz is a must in my opinion. I also marked in my book certain things as I was taking the practice exams to help me.

I'm told that many people fail the test the first time. I don't recall how many of those who take the Blitz videos actually fail. I suppose a lot depends on how many score an 85% or higher on the practice exams.

Last edited:

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
You may have still passed. You can get 45 questions wrong and still pass. I understand what you mean by wanting to know everything b4 you test but you can't know everything but to be able to choose a the best possible answer and be able to find it. What I noticed when looking up codes using CPT was I was overlooking the wording. I did that too with 150 question CPT practice exam. Once you found out how you scored, you can get the breakdown and the areas you are weak at, you can get some advice from laureen or Ruth or Alicia as to where to find the info. Good luck.

dljones2we

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
Thanks, AnnaB. Good advice! I can see how it can be easy to overlook the wording, making mistakes. It's easy to do.

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
Thanks, AnnaB. Good advice! I can see how it can be easy to overlook the wording, making mistakes. It's easy to do.
You are welcome. Hoped that u passed. You should find out possibly Wednesday or Thursday.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
In addition, there were some questions on there that I didn't expect, and I didn't know how to find the answers so had to guess.
Do you recall the general topic (don't give specific question) that you didn't expect? Like burn coding, or neonatal coding --I can make sure to incorporate any topics that the Blitz didn't cover.

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
Do you recall the general topic (don't give specific question) that you didn't expect? Like burn coding, or neonatal coding --I can make sure to incorporate any topics that the Blitz didn't cover.
Great advice laureen. I knew you would have an answer.

dljones2we

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
I can't recall what most of them were, but I believe they consisted of medical terms that I didn't know and possibly a few questions related to practice management. Another question had to do with a tool that is used in sleep studies, which apparently I guessed right but had never heard of.